Tuesday, March 27, 2012

Where did the last week go?

Wow did this past week go by way to fast. I mean like way to fast. Sure at the time it seems to be taking forever, but as I look back I can't even begin to think that we are moving in less then two weeks. I have yet to start packing. Tomorrow will be Alan and my five-month marriage mark. We're calling it that because I feel weird saying anniversary unless it’s at least a year. It’s been so fun and I could not be happier. I recommend everyone get married. After all it is one of God’s commandments.

As we look back on the past five months we've already done a lot in that short time as well as really grown together. Alan was a huge support when my Grandpa Lyle passed a way just a month after we were married. Weird to look back and think he's been gone for four months already. We have also done a ton of fun things and as always look forward to making new memories as the months roll on. 

This past week we went mini golfing at Fat Cat's with a group of married couples. It was pretty fun. We (the Green's) came to a realization that we are not golfers. We had our butts handed to us big time! I think I'll stick to bowling. 


On Saturday the weather was so nice we packed a picnic, grabbed our neighbors and took off for the day. Our plan was to have no plan but to get out of Rexburg for the day and enjoy the sun.  We headed southeast towards Jackson, WY. We were also hoping to indulge ourselves in a little square ice cream in Sun-Valley, ID. In Jackson we found the world championship for snowmobiling was going on. (Where men and women run their snowmobiles up a mountain and see who can get there the fastest) It was really cool to see. Something I would never do, but a great adventure to watch. 





Lack of time caused us to be late for square ice cream. Who knew that an ice-cream parlor closes at 8 on Saturday night? So on the way home we stopped at Big Jud's for ice cream instead. It wasn't square ice cream but it was pretty good. 

For this next week, look for us to be packing up our first apartment. Me downsizing my closet; I promised myself I would do a little spring-cleaning. Alan will be finishing up this semester here at BYU-I and we are heading to AZ for a week of fun and sun with Alan’s sister.  (CAN NOT WAIT)


No comments:

Post a Comment