Sunday, June 3, 2012

Kick off of Summer!

It's been about two months now since the last time I posted. I can't believe how fast summer is going. It is already JUNE! I feel so blessed to be living the life I have and doing all the things we have been doing the past two months. After school we started a wirl-wind trip of moving our things into storage and flying to AZ to see Alan's sister. After we returned, we spent a couple of weeks in MT with our parents. While we were there our friends from Oregon came through on their way back to North Dakota. We all went out to eat at Famous Daves. It was very yummy!

Arlin and Janet
We went to Ollecka's end of the year concert! She is really amazing at the cello.

 Alan and I were also able to help with a few things around the farm. Alan did most of the work while I worked on a Hilliard family history book and recovered from a cyst.
Theo and Alan painting the barn.
Big Sky - sun set. BEST VIEW in the WORLD
Travis, Dad, Mom Ollecka, Heidi and Alan after church on Sunday
the kiddos.- after church
 After our short visit home we took off for our summer in North Dakota. We are currently both working for Knife River. Alan is the distributor driver (tack man) on the paving crew and I am working in the office as the front desk lady. We like it, however we are also glad that it is just for the summer. We work about 12 hour days, Monday- Saturday. On our day off we try to attend church and stay out of trouble. Here are a few of photos of some things we do on our days off.
At the park
 Since we are a couple broke college kids we decided to treat ourselves to a gourmet desert from Economart when we received our first pay check.  It has an awesome frosting and raspberry filling!
First Pay Day Treat!




Exploring the little town of Alexander, North Dakota.














































































































                   

Day at the Dam
 A "fresh water spring"
Lunch on the Road

Eating Lunch
Even though we are far away from our family, we are still having a blast in North Dakota and its great to see a different part of the country. As always we are looking forward to making new memories with every passing month.

No comments:

Post a Comment