Friday night I got of work and headed home to Alexander. I was very tired after working all week and was thinking how great the evening was going to be wrapped in Alan's arms. Alan was off earlier then me because he was working in Watford City and the crew dropped him off on their way back to Williston. When I pulled into the drive way Alan jumped out the front door and into the car. I was puzzled. He said want to go somewhere? Me, being tired and very confused said sure, why not, as long as you drive.
Alan took over the driver seat and I crawled in. Still puzzled, I asked where we were going. Naturally Alan said you'll see. About 20 minutes later we pulled into Fairview MT and into this lil BBQ Shack.
I love BBQ and thought that the place was so cute and just our style. I
was thrilled! After ordering our food Alan informed me there was one
more stop to make. We hit the road! Again I asked- where we were going? -
Still left with the answer- you'll see.
Ten miles down the road we pulled into this. We had passed this bridge on our way to North Dakota and I was very curious.
We assumed it was still in operation by the rail road and left it at
that. However Alan found out from his boss thats its the old Cartwright
Tunnel.

This is a bridge that was constructed when the Rail Road came through, however there was a time that both cars and train crossed the bridge/tunnel. (Scary) I could not image driving across a river on the train tracks. The bridge also has a lever system that allows the bridge to lift for the old river boats to have access. Now its a land mark in North Dakota that you can walk over and explore. After walking across the bridge we ate dinner the start of the tunnel and then headed into the dark.
| On the side of the tunnel eating BBQ |
| Heading into the Tunnel |
![]() |
| Alan |
![]() |
| On the Other Side of the Tunnel |
![]() |
| Headed back over the bridge. |
This was excatly what I needed Friday night, reguardless of me dreaming of staying home and sleeping in Alan's arms. It was so wonderful to get out and explore our surroundings and just remind ourselves of the love that we share for one another. We are so blessed and could not be where we are today with out the support of our family, friends and heavenly father. We can't wait to make more memories this summer.





No comments:
Post a Comment