Tuesday, July 31, 2012

Summer of 2012


Looking at the calendar today, I realize that summer is quickly coming to an end. When this summer started I set a goal to blog at least once month. We are so far away from family I thought it was a great way to keep in contact with all of our loved ones. The blogging hasn’t really gone as planned but, here is a some tid bits that should catch you up to speed.




This summer we have moved twice- Alan and I have been married for nine months now and we have moved three times. We will complete our year anniversary with moving one more time. Leaving the record at four times in one year.  I don’t know many other newly wed couples that can say that. On a side note- I also could probably say I have downsized my clothes by 25%. -While we are here in Williston, and living at the duplex-camp we decide to spruce it up a little bit and make our house a home! We added a little garden and some side walk paving stones. We placed a G on our name and made over a FREE coffee table.



Alan and I have been blessed to make two trips to see family this summer. One trip was to Missoula for the Dilworth Family Reunion. The family gathered at my Grandpa Lyle’s cabin, had smore’s and caught up with one another. The next morning some of the family went on a little hike (being eaten by mosquitoes). It was a great time to see the Dilworth Family and remember Grandpa Lyle. 


The other trip was to Virginia City for the Pearson Family Reunion. At the Pearson reunion we ate and chatted with family. This was the first time for me to really meet a lot of the Pearson Clan, so it was hard to remember everyone’s name and I am very grateful that Alan didn’t quiz me on the way home. We also rode horses with Alan’s Dad, and two sisters. It was really fun! Alan had never been on a horse before and I think he enjoyed himself, even if his bottom was a little sore when we were done.

We are finishing out the month of July with Alan’s birthday! I made Alan a carrot cake- cause that is his favorite.
It has be a crazy summer so far and we intend to finish it will a bang. We are moving in less then a month. We will be headed back to Rexburg to finish school. We also have a few more trips planned. Sherry will be coming up this weekend- Alan and I, are both thrilled to see her. We love company! The three of us will be headed to Medora to see the musical and find some trouble down there!

It’s hard to believe that summer is almost over and soon we will be back to the land of reality, but for now we are healthy, happy, and loving the life we have! We could not be more blessed!

No comments:

Post a Comment