Sunday, August 12, 2012

SHERRY CAME TO VISIT!

A couple of weeks ago, my sister in law Sherry came to visit us here in North Dakota. We started the weekend off with her going to work with Alan. I think she had fun watching the tack man in action. I know I enjoyed seeing the pictures as working in the office 12 hours a day I don’t really get out much to see him work.

Alan at the wheel of his tack truck
Alan adjusting something on the truck
Alan spraying tack
Alan at the front desk where I work.
After work on Friday we jumped in the car and drove down to Medora. Alan booked us a weekend package deal with 3 tickets to Pitch Fork Fondue, the Medora Musical and a hotel for the night. Dinner was amazing! The stakes we ate were really good and brought us back to the lunch lady days of our elementary school. It was really cute and a lot of fun. After dinner was over we headed down the hill to watch the musical. I had heard lots of stories about the musical so I was quite pumped about it. We grabbed some popcorn and hot cocoa and found our seats. (we sat center stage- my husband is a great seat picker) The musical was really fun. The singers were fantastic and it was fun to learn a lot about the history of Medora and how the town came to be. We were all pooped after the show, and headed straight to our hotel.
Sherry and I- waiting in line to eat dinner
Sherry
cutting into my dinner

heading down the hill to the show


Alan and the Old man carving
waiting for the show to start

the band
dancing

Alan and Sherry with Sheriff Bear


In the morning we found the largest cinnamon rolls, I have ever seen. It was by far the cutest bakery. If we ever make it back to Medora I plan on ordering a dozen to take home!  Then we explored the town and found some cute trinkets that we just had to buy.

Marquis de Mores
I love these chairs- So cute!
breakfast time

in front of the candy shop
Alan rode another horse
 Once it started to rain we hopped into the car and drove through Theodor Roosevelt National Park. Being from Montana and having Glacier and West Yellowstone National Parks in our back yard. I have to say our expectations are pretty high for National Parks. Well Teddy Roosevelt National Park was no Glacier but it was really beautiful and boy does the WIND BLOW! We finished the day with some grocery shopping and dinner at Applebee’s. 
Heidi and Alan

Sherry-Alan and Heidi 

After we made it back home we worked on some family photo books for the reunions we attended this summer and a wedding photo book for our family. It was a wonderful weekend. We love when Sherry comes to visit and I love getting to know her better each time we get together.


No comments:

Post a Comment