So I am coming near the end of the month and one of my goals in the year 2011 is to blog atleast twice in the month so I better get on it. Like I said in the previous blog I am not really sure how this whole thing is going to work, I am also not really sure what I am going to say in this blog.
The month of January was an interesting one, I started of the new year pretty with a pretty amazing feeling, It was new and exciting, I was ready for anything to come my way. I also am still ready for anything to come my way. So HIT ME WORLD!
Over the past few weeks I have moved home to the lovely state I grew up in. MONTANA. I can not even begin to tell you the love I have for this state. Im sure its the same for most people and the state or town that they grew up in too, but let me tell you Montana has it all. Well almost all... we don't have clubs but thats ok, I will take the wild outdoors anyday over clubbing. With my move back to Montana I have granted myself a few more months of winter, which I have to say I'm not really over excited about that but we did get 5'' of snow today and I did slide in my heels all the way to my car from church today so that was a neat treat! I am embracing my new life at home- even though there is a chance I will return to Utah in a short while! I just needed a break from the "Utah Standard" of living, those who are not from Utah and have moved there- heck those that just live there or visit or yes ever been there will know about the "Utah Standard" of living. Don't get me wrong I am very very very grateful to my Aunt and Uncle for taking me in, and I learned so much about myself and the gospel and my testimony grew tenfold while living there(which I didn't think was possible) I am so proud of who I am and where I come from. It's amazing!
Today at church we were talking about the importance of Obedience to the Prophets, it was in reference to Elder Claudio Costas talk, and the importance to having a living prophets to guide, the true church and the members. I can not agree more. How can we follow guidance and teachings that only relate to the lives of people that lived 500 years ago. We need to head that guidance yet also be able to have prophets that relate and give us guidance to the trials and issues we face today. OOOo man it just makes me excited!
Anyway a less serious topic yet just as serious if you ask me, the hardest thing I am facing living in Montana-besides from missing all of my awesome friends that I left down there- cause I really did leave alot! but I also left my one true love- the COCOA BEAN! I am missing and craving the Phat Monkey sooooo bad! I will post a picture and you will all be able to see just how amazing this cupcake is.- So ok I will be honest its probably a good thing that I am 5 hours away from the nearest Cocoa Bean because my goal of no sweets is going awesome! But my running a half marathon has been put on hold because of the dumping of snow happening here... :( but I stilll have 11 months left in the year- so Everyone get cracking on me for slacking!
I think I will end this rambling session now. I am going to post a picture of Phat Monkey so you will see just how awesome this is...and if you have time please head to the Cocoa Bean on Fridays and eat a Phat Monkey and give a little wink to the heavens for me.
much love world
Heidi

No comments:
Post a Comment