We realized that we had zero Halloween Decorations- and we're extremely sad about this. So I did some brain storming and found these really adorable Monster Jars that I felt we just had to make!
Supplies for the project-
- glass containers - ( I used mason jars)
- Tissue paper
- scissors
- monster faces
- modge podge -( I made my own)
I bought the old jars from a garage sell for 25 cents a piece- they didn't have lids, so I felt that it would be okay to use them for a craft project instead of canning. I bought the tissue paper at the dollar store. We have a little paper cutter that we used instead of scissors. We googled monster faces and found some we liked. The home made modge podge was the biggest saver of all! You make a mixture of half water, half elmers glue and shake. It is amazing and way cheaper then the modge podge you buy at the store.
To get started you measure how tall your jar is and then cut the tissue paper into strips that match the height of your jar then cut those into little strips so they are easier to wrap the jar.



While they are drying, select and cut out your scary monster faces. After the jars are dry apply the faces with the same modge podge. Let dry. Once dry put in a window seal or some place to decorate your home. We used little fake/plastic tea lights to make ours glow.
We love them!
Now to the baking! We eat a lot of snacks in this house, and it is necessary to have cookies on hand. I had to buy M&M's for a class project in science and so what do you do with left over M&M's? You make MnM's cookies of course!

Alan loves them- but I have yet to find a cookie that he doesn't. We spent the rest of our weekend discussing our plans for our upcoming anniversary and watching Ice Age!
It was a wonderful weekend!
Happy Sunday Everyone!













No comments:
Post a Comment