How far along: 35 (5 weeks left)Maternity clothes: Yes.
Ring: Still fits!
Stretch marks: Nope.
Sleep: It’s better when the weather cools down.
Best moment of this week: Realizing that we only have 5 weeks left until our due date. What?
Thankful for: Ice cream and DQ Blizzards. Yummy!
Missing anything: Being able to bend over.
Food cravings: Ice Cream and popsicles.
Anything making you queasy or sick: Nope.
How you feel: I feel great unless my hips are trying to move. They hurt like the dickens.
Gender: Surprise.
Labor signs: Nope, just hip pain. I am looking for a hip belt if anyone has suggestions, let me know!
Belly button in or out: Flat. It pokes out when baby pushes it.
Exercise and preparation for birth: Walking. Still walking.
Happy or moody most of the time: Happy, but more emotional then I am use too.
Looking forward to: My Baby Shower on Saturday. I have wonderful cousins who are throwing me a shower. I am very lucky.
Alright, now its time for that fun guessing game because pretty soon we will be holding that sweet little bundle of joy in our arms. We have put together some old wive's tales for fun to help you all guess. Who knows if any of them are really true? Let us know your guesses on the gender in addition to when you think this little present will make his or her first appearance.
1. Shape of Belly- Carrying high or low: If you are carrying low, it's a boy, carrying high its a girl.
I don't really know I feel like the baby is still moving like a fish in there. I feel it really low and really high all the time.
2. Heart Rate: baby's heart rate is above 140 bpm, the baby will be a girl. If it is under 140 bpm, then it's a boy.
Baby's heart rate last time we were at the Mid-wife the heart beat was 140 dead on- sorry make your choice again.
3. Skin Dry or Soft? Dry=boy and soft=girl.
My skin has been so dry. Thank goodness for coconut oil.
BOY
4. Hair: Thin and dull=girl. Full-bodied and glossy=boy.
BOY
5. Location of Extra Weight Carried: Extra weight in the front= boy. Extra weight in the bum and hips=girl. Also, if dad-to-be is gaining weight with you, apparently you're having a girl. If he's put no weight on, it's a boy.
I don't mean to brag but I don't really think I have gained extra weight. If I had to say I did it would be in the hips and backside. Alan hasn't gained any weight with me, well maybe a little in the beginning but now that summer is here, he has lost it all. We eat horribly, I crave Crispy Chicken Sandwiches like none other.
GIRL?
I was 25 and month number was 12= 37
GIRL
7. Chinese Calendar: September 13,2014
BOY
8. Sweet, Salty, or Sour: Craving sweet foods like juice, fruits and chocolate? That means girl. If you are craving sour or salty foods then you could be having a boy.
Can you crave both? I love fruit and chocolate and I could live off of potato chips. This one is a mystery I guess.
9. Morning Sickness: Experience morning sickness in early pregnancy? If yes, then baby is a girl- if no, it's a boy.
I was super sick. The smells and eating in general were horrible.
GIRL
10. Wedding Ring Test: Get your ring and attach it with a strand of your hair or some string. Lie down and dangle the ring over your belly. If it moves in circles, it's a girl. If it moves in a straight line, it's a boy.
11. Cold Feet: If your feet are cold in pregnancy, it's a sign you are having a boy. If your feet are the same, it's a girl.
Straight line- BOY
11. Cold Feet: If your feet are cold in pregnancy, it's a sign you are having a boy. If your feet are the same, it's a girl.
My feet have gotten warmer?
GIRL
12. How You Look: Do you look better than ever pregnant? If you look great you are carrying a boy. If you don't look so great, the girl is stealing your beauty.
I feel really great other then when I don't get enough sleep.
BOY
13. Breast Test: Which breast is larger? The right, it s a boy- left= girl.
They are the same size as far as I can tell. The have grown though. It's a baby?
14. Side You Sleep On: Sleep on your right, it's a girl. Sleep on your left, it's a boy.
BOY
15. What Does Your Belly Look Like? A basketball or a watermelon? If it looks like a basketball, then it's a boy- but if it resembles a watermelon than it's a girl.
I think it's a total watermelon.
GIRL
16. Hairy Legs: Has the hair on your legs grown faster than normal? If it's growing faster, it's a boy.
So I wax my legs and I really don't have hair on them anymore. GIRL
17. Headaches: If you experience a lot of headaches you are carrying a boy.
No, headaches at all.
GIRL
18. Baby Names: It is said that when you can only think of specific names for a boy or a girl, you will be having that particular gender.
Alan and I can only agree on girl names. We are really struggling to find a boy name that we both like.
GIRL
Dull yellow, except when I get up in the morning then it is dark yellow.
GIRL
20. Acne: If you have acne while pregnant its a girl, if not it's a boy.
GIRL
Totals:
GIRL: 10
BOY: 6
NEUTRAL: 4
It appears as though we are pretty well split with our little bean. We are so excited to meet him or her in the next few weeks.
It appears as though we are pretty well split with our little bean. We are so excited to meet him or her in the next few weeks.
As it goes right now, Alan is feeling a boy and I am thinking girl!
Please let us know your guesses- it will be fun to know what you think the weight, height, date and gender. We will mark them on a calendar and see who is correct!


No comments:
Post a Comment